Admissions for 2020/2021 school year will open in October. Please check back often for up-to-date information and important dates.
- New Student Orientation Information
- Incoming Freshman Guidelines
- Application Checklist
- Recruitment Information Night Presentation
Interested incoming 9th grade applicants, and their families, should attend Recruitment Night for up to date information about the application process, information about the school, meet staff and students, and check out the campus. The application period is open from October 14 – November 22, 2019. Applications will not be accepted after November 22, 2019.
Applying to GECA is a three-step process:
1. Application - Complete and submit this paper application in person no later than 4:00 PM on November 22, 2019.
- Paper applications will not be available through the school. See the Admission Information Tab for a list of what to include with application. This information should be gathered during the recruitment period for the most up to date information. You may be asked to submit additional information during the application process.
2. Assessment - Submit results from the PSAT 8/9 as soon as possible (but before January 31, 2020) to schedule your interview time.
- 8th Grade GUSD Students will be taking the PSAT 8/9 on TBD at their middle schools. It is very important that your student attend school that day and participate in the test. Results will be available online through your child's CollegeBoard account, and you should receive a paper copy of their PSAT 8/9 results in the mail or from the school.
- Non GUSD Students will have the opportunity to take the PSAT 8/9 on TBD at GECA from 3:15 - 7:30pm. This will also serve as the make up test for any applicants who missed the test on TBD.
- Students who do not take or submit PSAT 8/9 results will not be eligible for college classes in their freshman year at GECA.
- Results will be available in approximately a month from the test date and those results need to be printed out and brought to the GECA office no later than January 31, 2020.
When you provide receipt of the test results, we will schedule your appointment time for the interview!
3. Interview - Participate in an in-person interview on the morning of Saturday, 02/08/2020. Your child's interview time will be scheduled when his/her PSAT 8/9 results are submitted. Appointments are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis, so please turn in the test results as soon as possible.
- The interview process includes a writing portion with a quick write prompt and then students are dismissed to their interview rooms where they will be called in individually. They will meet with a panel consisting of a student, teacher, and community member and the interview will last approximately 15 minutes.
- The total interview process will take about an hour.
- There is no dress code for the interview, but dress for the weather as students will be standing outside.
Final admissions decision notifications are sent the third week of March.
Incoming Freshman Orientation will take place in April.
If you have any questions please contact Heather DeRosa at (408)-846-4909.
Please ensure that all of the following (if applicable) are submitted with this application packet:
Copy of the candidate’s school records
Academic transcript (These are the cumulative grades for middle school. If no transcript is available, please provide final report card for 6th and 7th grade.)
Current year grade report or progress report from his/her current school (If grades come out during the Application period, it is better to wait and submit the progress/grade report with the application. If your school does trimester grades, please provide a grade summary report and note when the final grades will be released. All grade reports must be received by January 31, 2020)
Attendance records for middle school
Copy of candidate’s most recent California CAASPP Test Results (If not available, please provide results from another recent standardized test your child has taken.)
Two completed Student Assessment and Recommendation forms (One from your current English teacher and one from your current Math teacher.)
Students with an IEP or Section 504 plan should provide confirmation either with the application or prior to the student’s February interview that their IEP team has determined that GECA will be an appropriate placement for them.
2020-2021 GECA Application Packet (Coming soon)
Student Assessment and recommendation Form (Coming Soon)
2020-2021 GECA Application Packet (SPANISH) (coming soon)
Student Assessment and recommendation Form (SPANISH) (Coming Soon)