GECA Advisory Board
GECA Advisory Board Bylaws
Duties of the GECA Advisory Board
The Advisory Board of the Dr. TJ Owens Gilroy Early College Academy (GECA), hereinafter referred to the GECA Advisory Board (GAB), shall carry out the following duties:
- Define, discuss and resolve school related issues.
- Obtain recommendations for, and review of the proposed Single Plan for Student Achievement from all school advisory committees.
- Develop and approve the plan and related expenditures in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Recommend the plan and expenditures to the governing board for approval.
- Provide ongoing review of the implemented plan with the GECA Advisory Board members.
- Make modifications to the plan whenever the need arises.
- Submit the modified plan for governing board approval whenever a material change (as defined in district governing board policy) is made in planned activities or related expenditures.
- Evaluate the progress (at each semester and end of year) made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement of all students.
- Carry out all other duties assigned to GECA Advisory Board by the district governing board and by state law.
- Set and post meeting agendas 7 -14 days prior to scheduled meetings.
Please see the Agendas and Minutes for the meeting, posted in the Locker.
Complete Bylaws can be found here.
GAB Agendas - 2018/19
GAB MINUTES - 2018/19